A Pathway in Technology Early College High School (P-Tech) offers students a no cost pathway that will lead to post-secondary credentials and is an experience that encourages students to continue their post-secondary education.
Benefits of P-Tech Campuses:
- Opportunity to graduate with an Industry Based Certificate, college credit hours, and or an Associate Degree at no cost to the student or parents/guardians
- Dual-credit courses mirroring a college setting offered in partnership with Victoria College
- Support teams provide to help students throughout their studies
- AVID strategies on how to organize, study, plan, take notes, and manage time are incorporated into all high school courses.
- Academic counseling to help students develop skills needed to be successful
- College and career advising to plan future career and education options and opportunities
Program Requirements and Expectations
- There are no criteria for placement into a P-Tech campus, but the student must be willing to work toward an associate degree, college credit, industry certification, or a post-secondary certificate.
- Internship, apprenticeship, and job training programs
How does P-Tech work?
P-Tech staff establishes agreements with local institutions of Higher Educations (IHEs) and industry partners to provide student with work-based ;earning and dual credit opportunities beginning in the 9th grade. Students earn a high school diploma and industry certification or post-secondary credentials simultaneously while developing technical skills for in-demand career paths, at no cost to the student.
Institutions of High Education (IHEs) partner with school district to allow high school students to take college courses at no cost to the students. Victoria College is the IHE partner for Victoria ISD's P-Tech Healthcare.
Industry partners inform P-Tech staff of current and projected industry standards, provide work-based learning opportunities for students, and give students priority in interviewing for job openings.
P-Tech at Victoria ISD
Currently, Victoria ISD is launching their P-Tech Healthcare campus in the fall of 2020 at Victoria East High School. For more information, please click on the P-Tech Healthcare tab on the navigation bar.
Victoria ISD's P-Tech Education & Training campus is in the works! More information will be posted on this site as it develops.
First student cohort launching 2020-2021!